Monday, March 21, 2011

Drupal, MAMP & Drush

I am attending a Lullabot.com Drupal API &Module Development course at work this week. Learning a lot of great thoings so far. I worked on a Drupal project last year and created a custom module, but what I have learned so far in one day, could have probably saved me a close to a week as I was trying to figure it out on my own.

At the end of class today, the instructors were going over some tips for Drupal developers and showed off the awesome Drush, Drupal Shell. It is amazing what this tool can do, and being able to have the power of the command line to very nice. However, since I am running Drupal on MAMP, I was getting an error about not having the correct amount of RAM configured. However, I found this "getting drush to work on MAMP setup" article that had the key that worked for me. Create a .bash_profile file and adding an alias:


alias drush='/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5/bin/php /usr/bin/drush/drush.php'
export COLUMNS

3 comments:

Zoosk said...

Wonderful, that is what i was initially checking intended for! You just was able to save everybody a whole bunch of digging all-around

Unknown said...

Many web program designers opt for Drupal for its comprehensive and flexible functions. Being a cms, Drupal meets all extensibility needs in a very quick way which allows Drupal Developers to be prior to other designers using other cms systems

Unknown said...

Drupal Developers has a huge data source, which we believe, a counsel solutions.A little opportunity for a central concept in weblogs, print exhibits, a community, signing up poll, movies online, podcasting, and more personify everything can be designed.