Friday, September 18, 2009

Browser Chooser

Browser Chooser is a great little app that I ran across the other day.

Description from the Project Home Page on Codeplex:

“Browser Chooser is a small tool acting as the default browser allowing you to choose what browser to open the link in. It gives you the flexibility to choose what browser to use for any given task. It is developed in VB.Net and geared towards Windows Vista and Windows 7.”

I run Google Chrome as my default browser, but end up getting a lot of emails with links to content stored on SharePoint sites. My pain point before was that if the link was to a Word or Visio document, I cannot open it directly in Chrome and I would need to copy/paste the link into IE or Firefox. But now with Browser Chooser, I can select the browser to use when opening a link. Awesome!

Many thanks to Jan Ole Peek for creating this must have utility.

Go download it: http://browserchooser.codeplex.com/

No comments: